Powder Brows or Ombré Brows is a Microshading technique that is done with a single needle and machine and only goes over the very surface of the skin making the Ombre’ Method much less invasive than Microblading. Tiny pixels of pigment are created underneath the skin to create a shaded “filled in” or powder look effect. The term Powder Brows is given the name because once healed the brows will look like they are filled in with makeup and or powder.
Ombre Brow technique can give you a gradual dark to light shaded effect. Unlike Microblading you won’t have empty spaces left to fill in your brows you will have the natural shaded look. This technique is for all skin types. Initial 4-12 week touch-up is included. Yearly touch-ups can vary, most clients require touch ups every 1-3 years. Touch-up frequency can vary based on the client’s lifestyle and after care.
Price: 3 hr / $525
To schedule an in person consultation you may book online by hitting any book now button which will direct you to my square site to book. I do require a $25 fee for an in person consultation and the cost will be applied to your future brow appointment. In person consultations are 15 min and will discuss your brow goals, questions, and concerns. Virtual appointments are free please contact me through email or text to set up a virtual call.
For wedding party details, scheduling and questions please contact me through email at Bladeandbeautybar@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you and being part of your special day!
Before booking please read my disclaimers page. Please note before booking your appointment after your permanent makeup service there is no sweating, swimming, or sun for 7 days following your appointment. If you have a vacation or special event please schedule at least two weeks before or wait at least two weeks after your finishing touch up session. Aftercare instructions will be provided and aftercare. Brows will heal 30-40% lighter. There is no Motrin, Alcohol, or caffeine before appointment. Skin conditions , medications please check with your dr to approve before your service. No guests or children are allowed at your appointment. If you have had previous permanent makeup you must email me a photo of your brows before hand to approve service.
* All pricing is subject to change without notice
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Powder Brows is semi permanent makeup. It gives the look of having your brows filled in with makeup pencil or powder. With ombre, you get the dark to light effect creating dimension in your brows.
The expected longevity is 2-3years depending on your skin type, lifestyle, and how you care for it. Increased exposure to sunlight especially without sunscreen is one example that will speed fading. Over time, the color will fade and become light.
A topical anesthetic will be used before and throughout the procedure. The pain level is tolerable and comparable to plucking. However, it does vary person to person and every effort will be made to ensure you remain comfortable.
- Ombre powder brows is good for all skin types such as dry, normal, oily, or sensitive. You may not be a good candidate for Ombre powder brows if you have certain health conditions or take certain medications.
- Semi permanent makeup is NOT recommended for clients who are or have:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Skin conditions such as keloids, skin irritations or rashes near the site, etc
- Viral infections or diseases, cold or flu
- Botox within the last 1 month
- Autoimmune disease
- Used accutane in the past year
- Diabetes, epilepsy
- Please inform your artist if you have any allergies, medical conditions, or take any medications.
- The healing process should take 10-14 days.
- At day 2, your brows will appear darker but do not be alarmed this is expected. The color will lighten 20-30% when healed and will continue to fade over time.
- At day 4-5, you can expect your brows to start flaking. During the flaking period, your brows will appear light and patchy but give it 2-4 weeks the color will even out and resurface.
- Once your brows are done flaking, you can resume normal activities such as applying makeup, working out, etc. (EXCEPT certain activities listed in the aftercare) However to prolong the longevity of your brows, avoid aggressive washing and exfoliating of the brow and wear sunscreen when exposed to sunlight.
Once you have read through the FAQ and signed consent, we will first draw your brows with an eyebrow pencil according to how you like it. I will ONLY start the semi permanent tattoo process once you have approved the shape and color of choice that is fit for you. Once you have finalized your decision, we will begin the semi permanent tattoo process. You will be numbed before and during the procedure with topical anesthetic to make sure you are comfortable the whole time. Expect a booking time of 3 hours.
If you have an ideal shape and color in mind, bring or send few reference photos. You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so I can take into consideration the shape you desire. You may pluck any unwanted stray hair if you would like but I will be doing that for you during brow mapping. And no you do not have to shave your brows prior to procedure. You will not experience any permanent hair loss from the semi permanent tattoo process.
Avoid any blood thinning medication day of treatment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, and Ibuprofen.
Do not consume ANY alcohol and caffeine for at least 24 hours prior your appointment.
If you have anemia or low iron, please take an iron supplement prior to procedure.
Touchup appointment can be scheduled in 6-8 weeks. This is optional. Touchup session is considered a perfection session to go over any spots that did not pick up the pigment well or if you would like to go darker/bigger etc. If you are happy with the results, no need to schedule a touchup appointment. They should last you 2-3 years and you may return annually or bi-annually for a color reboost.
Yes if it is faded by 50-70%. If they are too dark, you will not be able to get the ombre effect and it may come out darker or block-y. It is best to get tattoo removal first. Feel free to send me photos of your bare brow.